SEN Teaching Assistant
Key Stage 2 | ASAP – July 24
Location: Shepherd’s Bush
Full Time – 5 Days/Week – Salary based on experience
Are you looking for a SEN Teaching Assistant position in West London? Do you have previous experience working with children? If yes, we’d love to hear from you.
We are currently recruiting for an SEN Teaching Assistant to join one of our schools situated in Hammersmith & Fulham. The role involves supporting primary school students who have additional learning needs.
The school is rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted and two form entry. The Head Teacher promotes inclusivity and celebrates diversity throughout. Their students embrace individuality and members of staff are encouraged to nurture learning within a safe and empowering environment.
Role of a SEN Teaching assistant:
- Supporting students in their social, behavioural, and academic development
- As a SEN Teaching Assistant you will work to ensure all safe guarding procedures are adhered to
- Be able to use positive reinforcement when supporting challenging behaviour
- Help children to engage in learning activities
- Monitor and record the child’s progress and report back to the class teacher
- Liaise with Parents, Teachers, Teaching Assistants, and other professionals involved in the child’s care
- Previous experience working as a Teaching Assistant or Care Assistant is preferential
- Able to commit until the end of the academic year on full time hours (8:30 – 3:30)
- Personal care experience ideal but not a necessity
- As a SEN Teaching Assistant you’ll need to be flexible and open to change when working on different activities
- You will need to have patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent communication skills and active listening skills to motivate pupils to learn is essential as a Teaching Assistant
Apply today to be considered for an interview ASAP!
We look forward to receiving your application!